Do you recognise this? In many organisations a lot of time and energy is lost on internal friction and conflicts. Time and energy that cannot be spent for what it is really all about: the client, the mission, the goals and to continuously adapt yourself to what current times require.
Your potential to navigate change stands or falls with your ability to break through fixed behaviour patterns and substituting them with new ones. That requires courage!
Do you also recognise this? Successfully accomplishing change often fails due to habitual human behaviours.
- You have trouble reversing confrontations and resistance. You have a tendency to either push back or do the opposite, take distance; the familiar fight, flight and freeze reactions.
- You notice that you are mainly fire-fighting. It is difficult to maintain focus on your strategic goals;
- You have trouble getting your staff to cooperate in an efficient and productive manner;
- You notice tensions in the team, but are challenged in getting those out in the open;
- The many policy changes, stricter regulations and constant pressure to perform create stress and unease.
If this feels familiar to you, read on...